Saturday, April 14, 2012

Sponge Bob Cake and butter cream recipe

Happy with the outcome! So I made my first sale! I made the Sponge Bob chocolate cake and it turned out very nice. The client said she liked it very much and she will be placing another order in June. She came all the way from D.C. by Metro to pick it up, and on the way back home she said people in the metro saw it and asked for my number. I haven't gotten any other orders yet, but I hope I will soon. Here are some of the pictures I took of the cake so you can see the process and how it looked at the end. Oh! I also used a new buttercream recipe that I adjusted to my taste and for now is the one I'm sticking with for all my future cakes. I like it because it's not too sweet and it's a mixture of butter and crisco shortening so it doesn't melt easily. Here's the recipe if you want to try it.. Buttercream Frosting 1c softened unsalted butter 1/2 c shortening 4c powdered sugar (or a little less if you want it less sweet) 1 tsp vanilla extract ( I use wilton's clear extract) Pinch of salt (optional) 2 1/2 tbs of heavy whip cream or whole milk (more if you want a thinner consistency) Mix all the dry ingredients first and set aside. Mix the butter and shortening together until creamy, add the vanilla extract Add the dry ingredients a little bit at a time and mix well I add the milk at the end until well mixed. Add color of your choice. This is good for icing a 9" cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment