Monday, July 2, 2012

Daniella's 5th Birthday Cake- Dark chocolate and vanilla cakes, with real strawberry buttercream filling and homemade marshmallow fondant.

This cake was designed by both Daniella and I about a month or two before her birthday. She wanted a red cake, with strawberry filling. She wanted a superhero flying on top of it, which gave me a challenge for sure, but it came out pretty good if you ask me. She loved it! I made the top tier a dark chocolate cake with real strawberry buttercream filling, and the bottom a vanilla cake with the same strawberry buttercream filling and covered with buttercream and than with homemade marshmallow fondant in red and pink, like Daniella wanted.  Her eyes lit up when she came down in the morning of her party and saw the finished cake :) That was worth my backache, and sleepless nights. Oh! and almost everyone, except the ones on diets, went for seconds :)

No comments:

Post a Comment