Saturday, July 28, 2012

Graduation Cake for 150 people May 10

This was a request from a nice aut throwing a huge party for her niece who graduated with honors from a high school in West Virginia. She told me she liked music so I decorated a tier with music notes made with homemade marshmallow fondant, she wanted the school colors, wich were columbia blue, navy blue and white. I added a white house press pass next to the cap because she is going to journalism school. The paws at the bottom tier were made of chocolate candy melts with the school colors to represent the school mascot. This was my first big big cake. It was not an easy task, but I did it thanks to the help of my husband and mom who watched the kids for me while I worked, and a friend of mine who also came to the rescue and helped me so much since I had two big orders for that same weekend. It was all work that week, but well worth it. The flavors were vanilla cake with buttercream filling.

No comments:

Post a Comment